Prerequisite: Initialize a Backup Set
Bring your backup strategy to life with Backup Sets.
Backup Sets are the scaffolding that allows you to build out your backup strategy. Any given backup set will be tied to a single storage target and a single schedule. You can then choose the sources you wish to link to that backup set - therefore defining the backups to be stored where you want and when you want.
Backup sets must be initialized after configuring storage and before adding sources for the best experience. Here are the steps to do so, picking up right after you have configured your storage targets.
- 1.Click on Backup Sets in the left navigation bar.
- 2.Click ADD BACKUP SET in the top right corner.
- 3.In the configuration pane that appears, fill out the following details:
- 1.Select AE Server - The Backup Server that you wish to perform the backup job. You will only have multiple options if you have more than one backup server clustered in this ZMC.
- 2.Select Storage - This is where your backups will be stored for this particular backup set. Please note that after you run a backup, this field will no longer be editable.
- 3.Select Schedule - This is where you can add a schedule to the backup set. For now, we will leave it as None. Unlike storage, this can be configured at any time if you choose to update the schedule.
- 4.Name - This can be anything you like, but make sure that you don't include spaces.
- 5.Description and Comments - These sections are optional to fill out and can be used to add any other identifying information you wish to include.
- 4.Once you have filled out all of the details, click Save in the bottom right corner of the configuration window.
The backup set will initialize with your desired storage and schedule. The next step is to decide which sources you wish to protect using this backup set.