Comment on page
Zmanda Endpoint Backup Release Notes
- Zmanda Endpoint Backup is a standalone, cloud-based backup solution for Windows desktops and laptop computers
- This release includes a product name change from Rebit Endpoint Backup to Zmanda Endpoint Backup.
- It also includes significant feature enhancements and additions, aimed at improving your backup experience and meeting enterprise use cases.
- Existing Rebit Endpoint Backup customers will automatically be migrated to Zmanda Endpoint Backup.
- Organization Management: Enables the IT administrator and owner in your organization to have full control over backups across their entire organization. Through user, device, and backup templates, enterprise admins will be able to manage endpoint backup at scale.
- MDM Deployment Support: Provides the ability to perform a silent installation of Zmanda Endpoint Backup desktop agent on the employee's PCs without their intervention.
- Single Sign-On: Ability to set up SAML-based SSO through the Sentinel Portal. This would allow users to sign in to Zmanda Endpoint Backup using the same login information they use for other applications, simplifying the login process and improving security by reducing the need for multiple passwords.
- Data Deduplication: Implements data deduplication feature on the user level to help organizations conserve storage space.
- Granular Recovery: Retrieves essential files and folders selectively in the event of data loss.
- Auto Updates: Zmanda Endpoint Backup's desktop agent will be updated automatically without any need for manual intervention.
- Minimal Desktop Agent Interface: Allows users to view the status and alerts of their backups through a clean and clutter-free desktop experience.
Action required: You will need to update your Rebit desktop application by following these steps:
- 1.Uninstall the Rebit Desktop App by going to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Uninstall Rebit Backup.
- 3.Click to open the installer and follow the instructions.
- 4.Sign in with your existing username and password.
- 5.Follow the first-time setup prompts to begin backing up.
No action is required at this time. Your Rebit application will continue to work as expected, but please watch for additional communication over the next few weeks.