Oracle Cloud Marketplace Installation
Zmanda + The next-generation cloud. Protect your data for less.
Building Zmanda on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) enables you to deploy a backup server in any geography in minutes. It is also ideal if your workloads are hosted on OCI, or if you are using OCI Object Storage as a target. Let's get started:
- 1.Login to your OCI account, select the region you would like to deploy your Zmanda Server in, and navigate to Instances. Click Create instance
- 2.Give the instance a name and complete the Compartment, Placement, and Security fields as desired
- 3.In the Image and shape box, click Change image
- 4.Click Marketplace, type "Zmanda" in the search bar, check the appropriate boxes, and click Select Image
You must configure ingress rules that allow TCP traffic on ports 8008, 8002, 10080, 10081, and 22 (if using ssh to connect).
To do this, you can go to Networking>Virtual Cloud Networks>Click on your VCN>Click on the default subnet or create a new subnet>Click on the default security list or create a new security list>Add the appropriate Ingress rules.
- 8.You will be taken to the Instance page where you can see info about the instance. You can connect to the instance using the SSH keys or through a Cloud Shell Connection
- 9.Once connected, reset the admin password for Zmanda using the following command:
length should be at least 8
Password should have at least one numeral
Password should have at least one uppercase letter
Password should have at least one of the symbols $,@,#,%,^,&,*,~
- 10.Type admin for the username, and input a password that meets the above criteria.
- 11.Run setup-aee and setup-zmc to make sure that all services are running.
- 10.Run sudo setup-zmc unseal
- 10.Go to network.zmanda.com and download any patches that are available. Untar them and find and execute the patch executable.
- 11.You can now log in to the ZMC console by opening any browser in your internal network and typing the following in the address bar:
https://<VM’s Public IP>:8008
The credentials will be the username (admin) and the password you set in step 10