Zmanda 5.0 Release Notes
- Zmanda 5.0 is the latest release with new features and enhancements that upgrades the Zmanda backup and recovery experience.
- With this release, we’re adding Client Side Data Deduplication, Zmanda Managed Cloud, and AWS Glacier storage classes compatibility and SSO support.
- Zmanda Cloud Storage: An integrated, simplified, and affordable cloud storage solution powered by Zmanda helps you reduce up to 80% cloud storage costs when compared to S3.
- AWS Glacier Integration Enhancement: transition your data across Glacier Instant Retrieval, Flexible Retrieval, and Deep Archive based on lifecycle rules defined in Zmanda for more efficient cost management based on your needs.
- SSO Integration: enable SSO login to manage Zmanda Management Console access using your Identity provider of choice like AzureAD, Okta, Auth0, and more.
- Global Exclusion Policies for Windows Backups: Create global policies to exclude specific files or folders using full paths or regular expressions across all Windows systems backups.
- KeyVault implementation for Secrets: security hardening for Zmanda, storing secrets in a Key Vault.
- Cloud-Based Trial Environments: accelerate your trial experience through a ready-to-go cloud-hosted environment to jump straight into the action.
- New Client Agents: now compatible with Fedora 36 and 37, Rocky Linux 7 and 8 versions.
- Virtual Backup Appliance and AMI: use a virtual backup appliance for Zmanda Backup Server to simplify and speed up the deployment of your backup solution while also improving backup performance.
Cloud Storage Restore:
Upgrade/Migration - AWS and Wasabi Backup:
NDMP Source Creation:
Ubuntu 22.04 Client: